Sunday 26 October 2008

Challenges

In a foreign country, you may meet a lot of different challenges. Language, costums, being away from people who know you well. They are all different challenges I need to deal with here in England. In the job I also meet some challenges, but it's nothing I can't overcome. I'm just glad there actually are some.

The past two weeks, I've had to plan the sunday school for the hindi service myself, that's something I hadn't done before, but I'm glad I have to. I haven't got a lot of teaching experience, but now I'll get some, and it's quite fun! The children have actually behaved! Today they preformed what we had about today and last Sunday - Daniel in the den of lions. One group dramatized it, another group made a poem, and the youngest ones coloured some drawings.

Upcoming saturday will bring a new challenge - Adrian and myself are going to lead a childrens choir, and practice for the carol service we'll have before Christmas. I've never conducted a choir before, so it will be interesting to see how we'll manage. But as I learnt by reading the story about Daniel in Sunday school - whom trust in God, will recieve help. So we'll just pray it will go well.

And there will probably be a lot more challenges during the year, and it excites me. In order to learn new things and to grow as persons and caracters, I think we all need challenges, and we need to seek them. If we just hide from them, we won't learn from them either.

Jesus challenged people, their behaviour, their faith, and he was different. So, we should also be a bit different, let people get challenged by the way we live our lives. We actually know something important non-christians don't, and we need to challenge them with it. I don't know what point I'm trying to make here, but anyway, I want to encourage people to seek challenges. Do something you thought you wouldn't dear to do. So, go and get challenged. Or give other people a challenge. We all need it, I think...